In August 2023, some of the best job search engines in Canada include:
- Indeed Canada : This is one of the most popular job search websites in Canada, with a vast database of job postings from various industries and locations. Visit their website
- LinkedIn : LinkedIn is a professional networking site that also offers job search options. It allows you to filter job postings based on industry, location, and experience level. Visit their website
- Glassdoor (): Glassdoor is a job search website that also provides company reviews, salaries, and interview questions. You can search for jobs and read reviews of companies before applying. visit their website
- Monster (): Monster is a job search site that allows you to filter jobs by industry, location, and job type. It also provides career advice and resources for job seekers. Visit their website
- Workopolis (): Workopolis is a Canadian job search website that offers job postings from various industries and locations across Canada. Visit their website
- Job Bank (): Job Bank is an official government job search website that provides job postings from various industries and locations across Canada. Vist their website
- Eluta (): Eluta is a job search website that aggregates job postings from various sources, including company websites, job boards, and employer career pages. Visit their website
These are just a few of the many job search engines available in Canada in August 2023. You can also consider using niche job search websites that cater to specific industries or job types.
Tips for an effective job search in Canada:
- Optimize your profile and resume – Use relevant keywords from the job postings in your resume and LinkedIn/profile summaries. This will help recruiters and application systems find you.
- Be active on LinkedIn – Connect with people in your industry, follow companies you want to work for, and engage with relevant content. Recruiters do source candidates from LinkedIn.
- Search daily – Check the job sites every day to find the latest openings as soon as they are posted. The sooner you apply, the better.
- Set up job alerts – Use the alert features on job sites to get notified of new relevant jobs matching your criteria.
- Apply directly on company career pages – In addition to job sites, apply directly through company websites to increase your chances of being seen.
- Use social media – Sites like Twitter, Facebook and even TikTok are increasingly being used by companies to source talent. Stay active and engaged.
- Network – Reach out to your connections, alumni groups, and industry communities to find jobs that may not be formally advertised. Networking is still essential.
- Attend events – Go to industry meetups, conferences, and hiring events to help you discover opportunities and meet potential employers face-to-face.
- Consider targeting specific cities – Certain cities and regions in Canada have higher concentrations of jobs in your desired field. Target your search accordingly.
- Be flexible and open – Consider similar jobs you may not have initially thought of, as well as contracting and freelance positions. The more options, the better.
How to use Indeed Canada to apply jobs in Canada
Here are the steps to use Indeed Canada to apply for jobs:
- Go to www.indeed.ca and create a free Indeed account. This will make applying to jobs easier.
- Search for jobs using keywords like your occupation, location, and other filters. Indeed shows jobs from many different companies.
- Review the job postings and click “Apply on Company Site” or “Apply on Indeed” to apply.
- If applying on Indeed, you’ll be prompted to either upload your resume or manually enter your work history. You’ll also be asked to provide some basic information.
- When applying on the company site directly from Indeed, you’ll be redirected to that company’s career page where you can complete their application process and provide your resume.
- Indeed will also let you save jobs that interest you. You can apply to these saved jobs at a later time.
- You can track the status of your applications from your Indeed account dashboard. Indeed will also notify you by email if a job status changes.
- Indeed allows you to upload up to 5 different resumes to cater to specific job requirements. You can select the appropriate resume when applying.
- You can improve your profile visibility on Indeed by completing your profile details, using relevant keywords in all fields, and uploading a comprehensive resume.
- Finally, Indeed also offers useful career resources and articles to help with your job search and application process.